Do you like eating different kinds of delicious broiled meat & vegetables? Well, we all do. We all love steaks, broiled chicken, roasted potatoes etc. We eat them pretty often and serve them to guests too. The easiest way to have them is by broiling them in our ovens.
But what can we do if we don’t have a broiling pan? How can we make all these tasty, mouthwatering items without it in our oven? Don’t worry, we have your back.
We are going to show you a step-by-step process on how to broil in oven without a broiler pan. No need to panic, because we are going to cover everything you need to know about broiling without a broiler pan. So, follow these easy steps, cook your favorite foods and enjoy.
How to Broil in Oven Without a Broiler Pan
The process is really simple. The main thing is you need to use something alternative of a broiler pan and keep some things in mind. So, here we go:
1. Preheating the broiler:
The first & most obvious step is to preheat your broiler or simply turning it on. Now, some people don’t even know that there is a broiler option in their oven. You need to find it & simply turn it on.
In case you cannot find it or your oven does not have one, try putting the oven on 450°F to 500°F. But do not forget to keep your oven door a bit oven. The reason you want to do that is letting some steam out & preventing overheating.
2. Preparing the Meat
While the Broiler is preheating. You get the time to prepare your desired food. If you are broiling chicken, you can skin it, put pepper or salt in it, you can skin it too. You can prepare other items the way you want too.
3. The Alternative:
Here is the main part. What are going to use instead of a broiler pan? Well, we used a baking sheet & you can try it too. Try to preheat it too along with the broiler. But remember to keep rotating your food when it has been cooked.
4. Putting it On the Broiler:
Put your food in the baking sheet & then place it in the right location of the broiler. Make sure that the food is a little bit far from the direct hit. Just a couple of inches would be good.
Now let the food broil. If you are broiling chicken then remember rotating or turning it. Also try to put some oil each time you turn it. It’s going to help you keep it good & brown.
Make sure it is working & they are turning brown slowly. If the chicken is still pink then keep it in the broiler for a few minutes more. But hey! Don’t overcook & burn it.
Soon you’ll see that the pink color is all gone. You’ll know that the broiling is done. If you think it needs a bit more time then you can always put it back. Take your food out of the broiler carefully. There you go, it is done. Serve it with sauce & salad for better taste. So, go through these step and we hope you got your answer on how to broil in oven without a broiler pan.
What Else Can We Use Instead of a Broiler Pan:
Well, as we have mentioned earlier that we used a baking sheet. But there are other things which you can use as an alternative as well, such as:
1. A Cast Iron Pan:
If you don’t have a broiling pan, you can always use a cast iron pan. They can do the job very easily as they are made of iron. Both meat and vegetables can be broiled properly in them.
Most of the time it is available in our houses, so if you already have one, it’s a huge plus point. They are really durable and it is really easy to clean them up after using it. If you use one, remember to grease it and use proper amount of oil.
2. A Roasting Pan:
We can also use a roasting pan to broil food. They have oven-safe materials in them & we can use them without worrying. Luckily, they are available in all sizes. So, we can use the perfect one suitable to our oven.
Now most of the roasting pans have lids with them but some don’t. The lids play an important part in it. The lids help the food to get effective & efficient heat. It saves our time & makes the food tastier.
If your roasting pan doesn’t have a lid, use something else to cover the food. We suggest you to use aluminum foil or any suitable lid. You can cook almost anything by using this method.
Furthermore, before you are using a roasting pan, make sure to preheat the oven. Also when the food is done, keep it in the pan for a couple of minutes more to get the best taste out of it.
3. Baking Tray:
A baking tray can be a good option as well. Though it is best for baking different items, but it will also get the job done in broiling.
You have to remember to grease it. Also try to use a cooling rack with it. You have to brush the rack & the pan with some oil. This will help to not get any fat get stuck with the tray. You can broil a lot of vegetables and thin meat by using it.
4. An aluminum foil tray:
If you didn’t like any of those, you can go for an aluminum foil tray. But here’s the thing, you can turn it into a makeshift broiler pan. To do this, turn a cooling rack inside the aluminum foil tray. You can toss it when you’re done using it which will save your time.
Important Tips for Broiling without a broiler pan:
- Always remember to preheat your oven. Sometimes we are in a hurry & don’t do it. But it will help us & save our valuable time.
- If you like using natural materials, then we suggest you to go for the cast iron pan. If you use this, there is nothing to worry about your health.
- If you are using a roasted pan, make sure you definitely use something to cover the food as we mentioned earlier. Also when you are using a lid with it, check and confirm that it does not have any plastic materials in it.
- When you are using a baking sheet, avoid using parchment paper.
- Keep an eye on the food so that it does not get overcooked or burnt.
- Cut the excess fat before putting the meat in the broiler.
- You can use meat thermometer or any oven safe thermometer in case you need to.
- Each oven is different from another, so read the instructions & guideline properly so that you can use your broiler in a perfect way. Also, experience matters! So, after trying the methods a couple of times, you’ll know what’s best for you & your oven.
How to Broil in Oven Without a Broiler Pan? We hope you have the answer now. Use any of the alternatives & you’re good to go. If you are having trouble choosing it, our suggestion would be you go for either a baking sheet or a roasted pan. But hey, in the end, the call is yours.
So go on, broil, eat and enjoy!
You may also read now
- Kamado Joe I vs. II: What Does The Upgrade Get You?
- Reverse Flow Smoker vs. Offset: What’s The Difference?
- How Long Does an Oven Take to Preheat to 425?
- Propane vs. Electric Smoker: Which is the Right Choice for You?
- Can You Put Candy Thermometer In the Oven? [Find Now]
- Can You Put a Glass Lid in The Oven? [Safety Tips]
- How to Clean Burnt Sugar from Oven? (2 Methods)